Carrington says, “One-on-one coaching for audiobook narration is one of my favorite things to do. I’ve been narrating audiobooks for nearly 20 years, and I love it, but teaching and coaching is satisfying in a whole other way. It’s just plain fun for everyone involved to tease out a student’s hidden strengths, work supportively on the weaknesses, and explore new areas. A tremendous amount of information can be imparted in a one-hour session.”
“I’ve directed audiobooks as well, taught seminars with Pat Fraley, and have been coaching for the past 10 years. I work via the phone or occasionally via Zoom/Skype. My rate is $150 an hour.
- Initial free consultation
- Learn and work on the basics of audiobook narration
- Create an audiobook demo, or polish your current demo. Either way, we will tailor your demo to make you shine.
- Detailed feedback on your work and all aspects of the art of narration
- Quick tips for tricky situations
- Directing as if in a recording session, picking apart text, devising exercises — there are many approaches to take.
- Challenging and confidence building — sense of humor provided and encouraged
- Any and all questions are fair game!
“I am so thankful I was able to work with Carrington MacDuffie. She is an indisputable expert in audiobook narration and she is able to give such helpful, insightful feedback that will improve your performance. She is always friendly and encouraging, which really helped me when I was feeling unsure about what I was doing, and made me feel comfortable even when I had to step out of my comfort zone. She’s the best!”
— Arika Escalona Rapson, Narrator
“Until Carrington coached me, my audio book demo was like the Great Unfinished Novel. My sessions with Carrington are always relaxed and fun, filled with great notes, and her patient, supportive teaching style led me straight to the demo I finally wanted to send out.”
— S. Jeff Hoyt, Narrator